Externally funded research grants form a critical component of the professional career growth of a researcher and faculty member. The short term course is designed to bring together salient aspects of funded research through external grants including an overview of funding schemes, proposal writing, project grant management, and project deliverables.
The modules include case studies and hands-on training based on real situations apart from a session on international grants for faculty members, master/doctoral scholars and international collaborators. In addition to the well-known funding agencies, the course also discusses short term funding through non-government international agencies.
The six-day course is designed to provide an exhaustive overview of the life cycle of an externally funded project and will also address the queries from the perspective of faculty members and scientists.
- Overview of different funding schemes (individual, departmental) across different agencies
- International (bilateral and multi-lateral) funding schemes
- Industry based consultancy projects
- Exposing participants to the lifecycle of research grant applications
- Highlighting salient aspects of project grant applications, the review process, proposal writing
- Dissemination of results, Manuscript preparation, Intellectual Property issues
- Sponsored project management including procurement and procedures to be followed
- Report preparation, Utilization Certificate and Statement of Expenditure
- Opportunities for research scholars through funding schemes
- Funding for Start-ups and incubation
- Hands-on training with dedicated tasks
- Case studies and expert talks on real-life situations
- Perspectives of project grant administrator/reviewer(s)
Who can Attend?
- Early career researchers, Post-doctoral fellows, Scientists
- Faculty members, Researchers in government / autonomous / private / semi-government organizations including research & development laboratories
- Faculty members from Universities and Higher Education Institutes (HEIs)
- Doctoral scholars and project staff
- The soft copy of the filled registration form along with online payment receipt should be sent to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before November 30, 2019.
- To download the registration form, click here.
- Accommodation can be arranged, if requested, at the IIT hostel subject to availability.
- Candidate(s) will have to pay the hostel (Rs. 500/day approx) or guesthouse (3000/day approx) charges.
Phone Number: 0731-2438-700
Email ID: email@example.com