About the Course
This self-paced career development course will help you identify your strengths and interests and align your passions with a viable career path. Through guided self-reflection and instruction, you will create a career vision statement that identifies how you hope to use your skills and interests to focus your career.
With this insight, you’ll select a career path that aligns with your personality, preferences, and goals. Finally, you’ll create a professional development plan that will help you achieve those goals.
What you’ll learn?
- How to recognize your workstyle preferences, including the way you relate to others in the workplace
- How to source professional development feedback to become a more effective workplace contributor
- How to recognize different organizational structures and their business purposes
- How to identify roles and organizations that complement your strengths
- How to define your ambitions in a career vision statement
- How to create a professional development plan that will help you achieve your career vision
This is a self-paced course and can be completed according to your own schedule. Our recommendation is to complete the course over four weeks, with one to two hours of time spent working through the course per week. After the Course Introduction, each section should take approximately one to two hours to complete.
Section 0: Course Introduction
Review course logistics, including the course overview, schedule, components, grading, and support.
Section 1: Know Your Professional Self
Learn about your personality type, working style, and how your preferences affect your career interests.
Section 2: Navigating the Workplace
Increase your understanding of different work environments based on organizational structures and job roles.
Section 3: Career Goals and Mapping
Start planning for your career by identifying your goals and mapping a personalized career plan.
Section 4: Final Assessment and Course Recap
Demonstrate your mastery of the course content in the final assessment.
Jim Pautz Vice President of Coaching Fullbridge
To enroll in this course, click the link below.
Course on Self-Assessment – Developing Your Strengths
Note: Noticebard is associated with edX through an affiliate programme.