The Centre of Computing and Networking, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Kurukshetra is organizing a TEQIP-III Sponsored Online Course on Security Challenges, Objectives & Issues in IoT Enabled Smart Grid from September 23 to 27, 2020.
This Short Term Course will provide a platform to learn the aspects of issues, challenges, and solutions of the cyber-security in the smart grid domain.
NIT Kurukshetra, formerly known as Regional Engineering College, Kurukshetra was founded in 1963. It was conferred upon the NIT status, with Deemed University on June 26, 2002.
The course aims to address the following issues related to the security of the smart grid, but not limited to them:
- To discuss the new communication requirements in terms of protocols, delay, bandwidth, and cost as essential in smart grid security development.
- This course will discuss the Integration of the existing legacy equipment into the smart grid without weakening their control performance.
- To discuss the standards, protocols, secure standards for automation, and communication for maintaining cyber-security.
- To discuss the risk factors.
- Device: Smart Meter, Advanced Metering Infrastructure Security (AMI-SEC), Cyber-attacks on smart meters, Customer Interface, PHEV
- Networking: Internet, wireless network, sensor networks
- Dispatching and management: Asset management, Data encryption, and digital signatures, Real-time operations, Smart Grid cyber-security threats
- Anomaly Detection: Temporal Information, Data & Service, Use of phasor measurement units (PMUs) to ensure accurate time information, fraud detection algorithms and models
- Protocols & Standards, secure standards for automation and communication, Demand Response, Tampering with information on real-time pricing (RTP), security, and networking architecture for T&D S/Ss.
Faculty members/ research scholars/ students from academic institutes approved by the AICTE/ UGC/ MHRD and Scientists/ Engineers working in Private/ Public/ Govt. organizations/ industries etc. can attend the course.
Eminent experts from Industries and premier Institutions of India like IITs, NITs, IISC will deliver lectures.
- Students/ Research Scholars: Rs. 300/-
- Faculty: Rs. 500/-
- Industry/ R&D / Govt. Organization: Rs. 1200/-
The registration fee is to be paid in advance through Online to: The Director, NIT Kurukshetra A/c No. 10116885013; IFSC: SBIN0006260. Please write the short name of STC (SCOISG -2020) in remarks during online payment.
To register online for the course, click here.
The last date to register is September 19, 2020.
Phone Number: 9416366091
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
Online Course on Security Challenges, Objectives & Issues in IoT Enabled Smart Grid by NIT Kurukshetra
You might also be interested in Online FDP on Data Science with Statistical Methods using R Programming by NIT Raipur [Sept 21-25]: Registrations Open.