Science and technology influence almost every aspect of life. Hence, IIT Patna is conducting a short term course on Science, Technology, and Society from May 4 to5, 2020. This important course will introduce the comprehension of the dynamic relationship between science and technology with social, cultural, epistemic, and environmental factors.
Emphasis will be given to socio-historical contexts as well as to assess the impact of science and technology on various domains like labor relations (e.g. automation and/or outsourcing), social institutions (e.g. family, school, and their like), behavioral patterns, experiences of various social groups, along with the future of science and technology on human civilization.
The course will also expose participants to science and ethics, social networks, science policy, and other important domain. Through this course, one should gain knowledge and understanding to identify and describe key questions and concerns of scientific and technological works, Appreciation of the socially constructed and contested nature of science and technology in society.
- Importance of science and technology
- Philosophy and historical context
- Structure of scientific revolution
- The rights and wrongs of science and technology – case studies
- Technology and the character of everyday life
- Technology as the anti-hero
- Technology and the less-developed countries
- Technology and transformation of social life
- Scientific knowledge and technology in India
- Women in science and technology
- Science and technology policymaking in India
Who can Attend?
Graduate and senior undergraduate students; early-career academics; stakeholders from social industries and civil societies; as well as government or non-government functionaries interested in social research.
- Students: Rs. 2500/- (relaxation for reserved candidates)
- Faculty: Rs. 4000/-
- Industry Delegates/ Research Organisations: Rs. 5000/-
The Participation fees for the CEP programs will be accepted only through Demand Draft drawn in favor of “Indian Institute of Technology Patna” or e-transfer /RTGS/ NEFT. Personal cheque will not be accepted in any case.
- A scanned copy of the filled-in Registration Form should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before March 31, 2020.
- Since the number of seats is limited, early registrants will be given preference.
- To download the registration form, click here.
Phone Number: 0612-3028062
Email ID: email@example.com