In India most of the Ph.D. scholars face difficulty to finalise their Ph.D. thesis and research writing in a presentable form. Though, the newly initiated pre-Ph.D. coursework by UGC has provided orientation to Ph.D. scholars, the research scholars are always at a dilemma how to write different components of Ph.D. work.
The Centre for Informal Sector and Labour Studies (CISLS), JNU is organizing a Ten Days Research Methodology Course for Research Scholars in Social sciences during 9th December to 18th December 2019. This Research Methodology Course is sponsored by Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), New Delhi.
The Course will include various aspects of research methodology and techniques used, in the field of social sciences.
Contents of the Course
The contents of the course are :
- Meaning, Objectives & Types of Research, Research Approaches, Problem identification and formulations of Research Question;
- Research Design, Selection of research topic, Review of Literature;
- Concept and history of fieldwork, Stages of fieldwork – selecting a research setting, gaining access,
- Observation and Case Study, Concept and types of interview, Survey Method and Sampling, Basic Quantitative Analysis,
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research, Ethics in Social Science Research,
- Academic Writing, Papers for Journals, Preparation of Reports.
- Ethics in Academic Writing, Methods for Avoiding Plagiarism,
- Structure of Paper, Report and Book, Elements of writing, e-library training
- Research Proposal, Writing a research proposal, field visit & data collection;
- Analysis of data using SPSS and STATA software.
The candidates are required to send the filled registration form duly forwarded by the supervisor and Head of the Department/Institution on or before 15th November 2019, along with CV, a writeup of about 1000 words on their area of research interest, and attested copy of caste to the Course Director through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any queries, contact
- Phone: +9868045446, 919773683904
- E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org