The research methodology for beginner researchers involves the understanding collection, classification, assimilation, and compilation of the literature data. It further leads to the definition of research opportunities in the literature and coining of the research objectives. Planning and design of experimental as well as analytical methods to carry out research followed by a compilation of results and their interpretation. Finally, performing validation tests to confirm the experimental as well mathematical findings completes the research.
At the same time, preparation of the report on findings and conversion of the report into world-class publication is one of the most important steps in the research documentation. In this course, a variety of important principles of research methodology are illustrated by citing a large number of experimental, mathematical as well as numerical approaches by the M.Tech. and Ph.D. students of IIT Bombay.
Various methods of designing and performing experiments are another important facet of the research methodology. Here too, the concepts will be illustrated by numerous research works carried by the M.Tech. and Ph.D. students of IIT Bombay. The course also involves a couple of hands-on sessions involving working in the laboratory as well as numerical modeling tools.
- Understanding the principles of performing an effective literature review
- Defining the goals and objectives of the research
- Selection of appropriate methodology
- Designing experiments and performing them
- Analysis and interpretation of results
- Documentation of results in reports and publications
- Illustrative examples based on the numerous research works carried out by M.Tech. and Ph.D. students of IIT Bombay
- Hands-on laboratory experiments and simulations using numerical tools
Who can Attend?
M.Tech. and Ph.D. students who are beginners and are in the process of defining research problems and planning to execute them.
To register online, click here.
Phone Number: 022 2572 2545