About the Course
Energy is one of the key factors in the development of rural areas; Government of India has taken several initiatives in the past like National Project on Biogas Development (NPBD), and the National Programme on Improved Chulhas. Recognizing the importance to address area specific nature of the rural energy problem along with taking into the account of the wide variations that exist in the socio-cultural environments in rural areas, an attempt towards decentralized area based energy planning at the block level has been made through the Integrated Rural Energy Programme.
- Expose the participants to the fundamentals and design aspects of cost effective and energy efficient systems.
- Provide authentic learning opportunities through field visits and gain a shared social
experience through questionnaire survey.
- Facilitate workshop sessions to brainstorm feasible solutions for the identified grass root
issues in rural areas; it is expected that through this two-week workshop, the participants would gain the needed knowledge / awareness to serve as “Ambassadors” in promoting the Mission of Government of India to facilitate “Power to all by 2022.”
- PG students and Research Scholars from reputed UGC / AICTE approved Institutions
- Engineers / Scientists / Faculty Members from Private / Government Organization
- NGOs & CBOs
Step-1: One time Web Portal Registration at GIAN
Participants have to visit here for One-Time Online Registration (Fee – Rs. 500/- Rupees Five Hundred only). A copy of the filled-in registered form should be forwarded to the Course Coordinator.
Step 2: Course Registration
The Course registration form can be downloaded from this site. Participants are requested to fill the Course registration form and send it to the Course Coordinator
along with the Course Registration Fee.
Participants from abroad: US $500/-
Industry / Research Organisations: Rs.5000/-
Research Scholars / Students : Rs.500/-
The above fee includes instructional materials only. The participants will be provided with accommodation on payment basis.
Phone: 94 43 85 90 66