About IIT Patna
IIT Patna is an institute of National importance by an Act of the Indian Parliament in 2008. It is ranked 108 among BBRICS nations by the QS World University Rankings of 2018. It is ranked 24 among engineering colleges in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework in 2018IIT Patna’s campus is located at Bihar.
About the Course
The Course on Recent Trends in Friction Stir Processing Techniques (RTFSP 2019) is organised by the Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Patna from Dec 18-20, 2019.
Recent trends in friction stir processing (FSP) technique have shown that the process is capable of
- fabricating the new set of innovative materials,
- integrating with the additive manufacturing technologies, and
- the development of the innovative structures with gradient material composition and porosity, respectively.
From an applicability viewpoint, these recent trends further empowered the FSP technique across the various industrial sectors including the biomedical applications, where the structural and the engineering uses require to achieve high-functionality at low cost. The present course is designed to covers both the fundamental and advanced scientific approaches used in the present state of the art.
- Introduction to Friction stir processing technique
- Theory of plasticity in deformed metallic materials
- Structure-property correlation in deformed materials
- Innovation in smart structures/materials
- Electron backscattered diffraction (EBSD) technique
- Finite element modelling approaches
- Multiphase modelling in dissimilar materials
Who can Participate?
The course is suitable for UG/PG/PhD students, Scientists from R&D organizations, Faculty Members, and Industries professionals and those who are interested in the area of processing of advanced materials, development of smart materials/structures and solid-state processing based hybrid additive (3D printing) manufacturing.
- R&D Labs/Industries: 7500 INR
- Faculty: 5000 INR
- PhD Students: 3000 INR
- UG/PG Students: 2000 INR
- For IIT Patna students: Course registration is mandatory at the registration fees of 700 INR for Ph.D students and 400 INR for UG/PG students.
The Participation fees for the Programmes will be accepted only through Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Indian Institute of Technology Patna” or e-transfer /RTGS/NEFT. Personal cheque will not be accepted in any case.
How to Register?
Interested candidates need to make the payment first and then fill up the course registration form (available here) and then emailed the scanned copy of the registration form to indrajeet[at]iitp.ac.in and cc to murshid[at]iitp.ac.in.
Nov 5, 2019
Email: indrajeet[at]iitp.ac.in, murshid[at]iitp.ac.in