IIT Indore is organizing a QIP Short Term Course on Recent Advancement in Structural & Geotechnical Engineering from March 23 to 27, 2020.
The course will cover topics related to recent advancement in the field of structural and geotechnical engineering. Some of the key focus areas of proposed course includes degradation mechanism, structural health monitoring (SHM) using sensory data and reliability assessment of civil engineering infrastructure.
The course will contain four major components:
- Impact of climate change and other environmental factors on civil engineering structures;
- Degradation mechanism such as corrosion;
- Health monitoring of civil engineering structures using latest technologies; and
- Probabilistic health assessment of the civil engineering structures using real time SHM data.
SHM techniques such as, non-destructive testing, vibrationbased monitoring, strain-based monitoring and advanced optical sensing technology will be covered. Analysis of data to assess the present health condition of a structure will be explained.
The course is open mainly to teachers of engineering colleges and polytechnics approved by AICTE.
- No course fee will be charged for participants sponsored by AICTE approved institutions.
- However, Rs 1000/- caution-money has to be sent by the provisionally selected participants, which will be returned only when participant joins the course.
- Eligible participants from other governments departments and industries have to pay a course fee of Rs. 2500/- and Rs. 5000/- respectively per person and they will not be provided T.A. & D.A.
Boarding and lodging facilities will be provided for the selected candidates from AICTE approved institutions in the student’s hostels or guest house (depending on availability) of the institute.
To register online for the course, click here. The last date to register is March 8, 2020.
Phone Number: 0731-2438700
Email ID: email@example.com