The International Institute for Information Technology (IIIT), Hyderabad is organizing an Online Short Term Course on Online Pedagogy from August 17 to 23, 2020.
This short course will cover basic models for online pedagogy. We will go through approaches for preparing and delivering engaging online lectures. Tools and skills required for recording lecture videos and creating interactive content on popular Learning Management systems will be covered.
Tips for facilitating collaboration and discussions among students will be presented. One of the most important aspects of online teaching is evaluation and grading, for which various options will be presented. The course will also cover the best practices for organizing tutorial and lab sessions.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe pedagogical principles in an online setting
- Select software tools for online teaching – LMS, Video and recording and editing, video conferencing platform, discussion forum, and evaluation tools.
- Select hardware tools for online teaching: simple home setup (computer, camera, light, mic, background, input devices), simple classroom setup.
- Create and share course material in a structured fashion on LMS.
- Deliver engaging classes and tutorials.
- Organize the course flow such that it includes continuous evaluation (self-assessment, light quizzes, home works, group projects).
- Conduct evaluation using techniques such as computer-aided automatic, peer, and TA assisted evaluation.
Who can Attend?
The course is designed for faculty members from high school to postgraduate programs.
INR 5000/- per participant
Interested candidates can register online for the short term course by clicking here. The last date to register is August 14, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Online Certificate Course in School Counselling by University of Madras [Aug 24-Nov 9]: Registrations Open.