Course on User Interface Design Specialization by University of Minnesota [Online, 5 Months]: Enroll Now
In User Interface Design Specialization, you will learn industry-standard theory and methods for developing successful user interfaces (UIs). Upon completing this Specialization, you will have fluency with the user research, prototyping and evaluation techniques necessary for creating intuitive interfaces that facilitate good user experiences. You will also have demonstrated this fluency through an in-depth Capstone Project that can be shown to prospective employers in the fast-growing field of UI design.
Concepts and techniques covered include structured approaches for helping you understand your user base and their needs (e.g. contextual inquiry and design psychology), widely-employed prototyping and design methods (e.g. low-fidelity and paper prototyping), and robust techniques for helping you evaluate your design choices (e.g. heuristic evaluation and user studies). By the end of the Specialization, you will be comfortable applying these concepts and techniques to design an interface for a wide variety of users from around the world.
Skills you will gain
- User Research
- Heuristic Evaluation
- Paper Prototyping
- User Interface
There are 5 Courses in this Specialization
- Introduction to UI Design: In this course, you will gain an understanding of the critical importance of user interface design. You will also learn industry-standard methods for how to approach the design of a user interface and key theories and frameworks that underlie the design of most interfaces you use today.
- User Research & Design: In this course, you will learn and practice techniques of user research and early UI design exploration.
- Prototyping & Design: In this course, you will learn how to design and prototype user interfaces to address the users and tasks identified in user research
- Evaluating User Interfaces: In this course, you will learn and practice several techniques for user interface evaluation.
- UI Design Capstone: This Capstone Course for the UI Design Specialization is a group design project in which you will combine and demonstrate the user research, design/prototyping, and evaluation skills you’ve learned by designing the solution to one of a set of selected projects.
To enroll for this course, click the link below.
Note: NoticeBard is associated with Coursera through an affiliate programme.
About the Author