IIT Kharagpur is organising a Course on Structural Systems and Services for Special Buildings on 22-26 June 2020. An architect usually is trained to design general buildings along with its relevant services and structural system. Common structural systems and its design like the load-bearing wall or the beam-column framed system of concrete or steel are known.
The course allows training to design buildings of special use and of larger scale. The special services that are needed in buildings like airports, hospitals, auditoriums, and tall buildings. These services or structural systems are not covered in any of the architectural subjects usually offered in the undergraduate curriculum. It is only learnt through design assignments from the codes and standards.
This course will try to cover the services which are having specific application in buildings and its consideration in the design process. This will enrich one in academia or in the profession. The approach of the course would be to cover building services which special buildings require to function ideally. It will cover structural systems for different scales of building like tall buildings, large span buildings like auditoriums and airports.
- Long Span Structure Systems application in Stadiums and Airports
- Air -conditioning System Design and Mechanical Services
- Fire Safety and Protection guidelines and design solutions for special buildings
- Vertical transportation design and Electrical Services in Tall buildings
- Renewable energy generation in building and futuristic solutions
- Structural Systems for Skyscrapers
- Design guidelines and case study of Medical and Health care buildings
- Special provisions and case study of Institutional buildings
- Functional layout and Services Design for Airport
- Auditorium and acoustical Services
- Water supply in high-rise Buildings
- Solid waste management in Hospitals, Hotels, High-rise Buildings
Who can attend?
Faculty from AICTE-TEQIPIII approved Engineering Colleges, School of Architecture, personnel from Government Institutions, Industry, and Research Organizations.
Last day of Registration is 5 June 2020
- Nil for TEQIP-III sponsored participants.
- For others – INR 6,000/- (six thousand) including GST.
- For Students – INR 3,000/- (three thousand) including GST.
Dr. Shankha Pratim Bhattacharya
Call: 9474602101/ 8670682049
Dr. Sumana Gupta