Course on Dynamic Public Speaking by University of Washington [Online, 7 Months]: Enroll Now!
University of Washington is conducting an online course on Dynamic Public Speaking.
Good speaking is your most enduring job skill. This four-course specialization will provide you with the instruction, experience, and practice to develop and deliver compelling presentations. Drawing from the established knowledge in communication, rhetoric, linguistics, and argumentation, each course balances proven ideas with lots of speech practice.
The courses in this specializations should help speakers at all levels. If you are nervous about public speaking, this is for you! You will slowly work up specific skills that you can practice multiple times before putting together a longer speech.
What you will learn
- Substantial increase your confidence and presence as a dynamic speaker.
- Develop delivery techniques for voice, movement, and gesture that engage audiences.
- Prepare effective speeches for various purposes (informative, persuasive, praise), occasions (workplace, special events, etc.), and audiences.
- Master speechwriting techniques for storytelling, argument, style, topic framing, and discussing evidence.
Beginner Level. No prior experience is necessary.
Approx. 7 months to complete, Suggested 3 hours/week
Courses in this specialization
- Introduction to Public Speaking
- Speaking to inform: Discussing complex ideas with clear explanations and dynamic slides
- Speaking to persuade: Motivating audiences with solid arguments and moving language
- Speaking to Inspire: Ceremonial and Motivational Speeches
To enroll for this course, click the link below.
Note: NoticeBard is associated with Coursera through an affiliate programme.
About the Author
Loved my student life, love talking to students now. I am a wearer of multiple hats (wife, mom, cook, chauffeur). My job is my hobby! :)