About the Course
This Payroll course is all about payroll management, how to calculate the payroll and general overall understanding about what payroll is and the legal requirements in place, the forms, the deadlines, the process and procedures. We look at different software so that you can understand the functionality – and how to perform calculations. We give you the overall picture that you as a Payroll Manager would need to know, in order to be proficient in doing the payroll.
This is a useful course if:
- You are thinking of employing people
- You are going to take responsibility for getting the wages right
- You are going for jobs which have a requirement for you to be able to know payroll and use payroll software
- You want to put this skill on your CV
- You are a bookkeeper or accountant and will be offering payroll services
- You run your own business and want to know how to run the payroll for yourself.
- You will need access to the various payroll software that we use and demonstrate. We give you the link to access the FREE online version. This will be sufficient.
Who is the target audience?
- Bookkeepers and Accountants who need to have an understanding of the UK payroll system
- Students who are going for jobs where the requirement is working knowledge of how UK payroll works
- Previous knowledge of accounting or payroll is not presumed or required
- Those who have studied accounting, but want practical knowledge of payroll
What will you learn?
- By the end of the course you will be able to complete various common functions using a free online UK payroll software
- Process new starters and leavers
- Understand tax coding notifications and what different tax codes means
- Process monthly pay
- Understand how pensions are applied
- Process deductions e.g. taxes, student loan repayments
- Process attachments of earnings (AOE) such as court fines repayments
- Know the payroll journals and relevant accounts to debit and credit
- Pay the HMRC and other relevant authorities and agencies
- Year end processing
- How to register as an employer in the UK
To enroll in this course, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with Simpliv through an affiliate programme.