About the course
Take your first step towards a career in software development with this introduction to Java—one of the most in-demand programming languages and the foundation of the Android operating system. Designed for beginners, this Specialization will teach you core programming concepts and equip you to write programs to solve complex problems. In addition, you will gain the foundational skills a software engineer needs to solve real-world problems, from designing algorithms to testing and debugging your programs.
Skills you will gain?
- Cascading Style Sheets
- Java Programming
- Problem Solving
- String (Computer Science)
- Data Structure
- Hash Table
- Programming planning
There are 5 Courses in this Specialization
- Java Programming: Solving Problems with Software: Learn to code in Java and improve your programming and problem-solving skills. You will learn to design algorithms as well as develop and debug programs. Using custom open-source classes, you will write programs that access and transform images, websites, and other types of data. At the end of the course you will build a program that determines the popularity of different baby names in the US over time by analyzing comma separated value (CSV) files.
- Java Programming: Arrays, Lists, and Structured Data: Build on the software engineering skills you learned in “Java Programming: Solving Problems with Software” by learning new data structures. Use these data structures to build more complex programs that use Java’s object-oriented features. At the end of the course you will write an encryption program and a program to break your encryption algorithm.
- Java Programming: Principles of Software Design: Solve real world problems with Java using multiple classes. Learn how to create programming solutions that scale using Java interfaces. Recognize that software engineering is more than writing code – it also involves logical thinking and design. By the end of this course you will have written a program that analyzes and sorts earthquake data, and developed a predictive text generator.
- Java Programming: Build a Recommendation System: In this capstone, you will show off your problem solving and Java programming skills by creating recommender systems.
To enroll in this course, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with Coursera through an affiliate programme.
Software(computer science) written programs or procedures or rules and associated documentation pertaining to the operation of a computer system and that are stored in read/write memoryMore (Definitions, Synonyms, Translation)