Course on Investment Management Specialization, you will understand how investment strategies are designed to reach financial goals in a global context. You will learn the theory that underlies strong investment decisions, as well as practical, real-world skills that you can apply when discussing investment proposals with your advisor, managing your personal assets or your client’s investment portfolio.
You will start by developing a global understanding of financial markets and what impacts rational and irrational behaviors have in finance at the micro and macro levels. You will then learn how to adequately build and manage a portfolio with a long-term view while gaining an appreciation for novel research advances in finance and related areas as well as future trends that are shaping the investment management industry.
In the final Capstone Project, you will create a sensible 5-year investment plan that accounts for an investor’s goals and constraints in a dynamic economic landscape. Key speakers from UBS, our corporate partner, will contribute to this specialization by providing you with practical insights they have gathered through years of experience working for the world’s largest wealth manager.
Skills you will learn
- Investment Management
- Risk Management
- Financial Markets
There are 5 Courses in this Specialization
- Understanding Financial Markets
- Meeting Investors’ Goals
- Portfolio and Risk Management
- Securing Investment Returns in the Long Run
- Planning your Client’s Wealth over a 5-year Horizon
- Rajna Gibson Brandon (SFI Senior Chaired Professor of Finance and Managing Director of the GFRI)
- Ines Chaieb (SFI Associate Professor of Finance)
- Themis Themistocleous (UBS Guest Lecturer, Head European Investment Office)
- Philip Valta (SFI Assistant Professor of Finance)
- Tony Berrada (SFI Associate Professor of Finance)
- Mike Ryan (UBS Guest Lecturer, Chief Investment Strategist)
- Mark Haefele (UBS Guest Lecturer, Global Chief Investment Officer)
- Brian Nick (UBS Guest Lecturer, Strategist)