About the Course
In this Specialization learners will develop foundational Data Science skills to prepare them for a career or further learning that involves more advanced topics in Data Science. The specialization entails understanding what is Data Science and the various kinds of activities that a Data Scientist performs.
It will familiarize learners with various open source tools, like Jupyter notebooks, used by Data Scientists. It will teach you about methodology involved in tackling data science problems. The specialization also provides knowledge of relational database concepts and the use of SQL to query databases. Learners will complete hands-on labs and projects to apply their newly acquired skills and knowledge.
What you will learn?
- Create and access a database instance on cloud
- Write basic SQL statements: CREATE, DROP, SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE
- Filter, sort, group results, use built-in functions, access multiple tables
- Access databases from Jupyter using Python and work with real world datasets
Skills you will learn
- Data Science
- Python Programming
- Cloud Databases
- Relational Database Management System (RDBMS)
There are 4 Courses in this Specialization
- What is Data Science: In this course, we will meet some data science practitioners and we will get an overview of what data science is today.
- Tools for Data Science: In this course, you’ll learn about Jupyter Notebooks, RStudio IDE, Apache Zeppelin and Data Science Experience. You will learn about what each tool is used for, what programming languages they can execute, their features and limitations.
- Data Science Methodology: This course has one purpose, and that is to share a methodology that can be used within data science, to ensure that the data used in problem solving is relevant and properly manipulated to address the question at hand.
- Databases & SQL for Data Sciences: The purpose of this course is to introduce relational database concepts and help you learn and apply foundational knowledge of the SQL language.
To enroll in this course, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with Coursera through an affiliate programme.