About the Course
Introduction to Communication Science explores some of the basic theories, models and concepts from the fields of mass, interpersonal and intrapersonal communication. The course begins with a consideration of several basic models, subsequently progressing to the history of communication theory, linear effect-oriented theories, the reception approach and, finally, exploring theories on the production and reinforcement of culture through communication.
Upon completion of this course, students should:
- have knowledge of the history and development of communication science;
- have knowledge of the dominant theoretical approaches within communication science;
- have knowledge and understanding of the most important models and concepts in this field.
- The Beginnings of Communication Science
- Technical Approaches to Communication Science
- Cultural and Social Approaches to Communication Science
To enroll in this course, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with Coursera through an affiliate programme.