About the Course
In this course you will be taken on a journey through the structural and material design of aircraft. You will see and understand how aircraft and spacecraft are manufactured, and learn how safety is enshrined at every stage.
Experts from the Aerospace Structures and Materials Department of Delft University of Technology will help you explore and analyze the mechanical properties of materials; learning about manufacturing techniques, fatigue, loads and stresses, design considerations and more – all the scientific and engineering principles that structural and materials engineers face on a daily basis. By the end of the course, you will have learned to think like they do!
What you’ll learn?
- How aerospace structures are designed and why particular choices are made
- Which materials are used and the reasons for using them
- How to explain loads and stresses aerospace structures have to withstand
- How aircraft and spacecraft are manufactured
- The safety philosophies that are used in aerospace structural design and how they affect design choices
- How to create preliminary design solutions for structural design problems
- Part 1: Material Properties & the Environment
- Part 2: Materials and Manufacturing Methods
- Part 3: Aerospace Structures
- Part 4: Loads and Stresses
- Part 5: Selection of Materials and Structures
- Part 6: Design, Certification, Fatigue and Durability
- Part 7: Joining & Manufacturing
To know more and enroll for this course, click the link below
Course on Introduction to Aerospace Structures and Materials