About the Course
The Global Diplomacy course is a unique offering to the MOOC environment. Bringing together cutting edge research in the broad fields of Diplomatic and International Studies, award winning distance learning delivery and the instructors previous experience of delivering a successful MOOC.
The Global Diplomacy MOOC has a direct heritage in the University of London International Academy/SOAS Global Diplomacy MA Programme launched in April 2013 which have attracted hundreds of students from around the world. The Global Diplomacy MA Programme is provided by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy which has been teaching postgraduate courses in Diplomacy for over twenty five years.
After completing the ‘Global Diplomacy’ MOOC, learners will have:
- The ability to demonstrate a critical understanding of the nature and development of global diplomacy, drawing on a variety of relevant contributing disciplines in the broad field of International Studies.
- An understanding of changes in diplomatic practices and procedures and the relationship of those changes to contemporary politics.
- A sound grounding in both theoretical and empirical approaches to debates in diplomacy so that students have been exposed to the and skills needed to analyse global diplomacy.
- Knowledge of issues in global diplomacy in historical and contemporary contexts.
Skills you will gain
- Policy Analysis
- International Relations
- What is Diplomacy?
- Success and Failure in Diplomacy
- The Qualities of a ‘Good’ Diplomat
- Diplomacy in Action
- Reflections on Diplomacy
To enroll in this course, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with Coursera through an affiliate programme.