About the Course
With genomics sparks a revolution in medical discoveries, it becomes imperative to be able to better understand the genome, and be able to leverage the data and information from genomic datasets. Genomic Data Science is the field that applies statistics and data science to the genome.
This Specialization covers the concepts and tools to understand, analyze, and interpret data from next generation sequencing experiments. It teaches the most common tools used in genomic data science including how to use the command line, along with a variety of software implementation tools like Python, R, Bioconductor, and Galaxy.
This Specialization is designed to serve as both a standalone introduction to genomic data science or as a perfect compliment to a primary degree or postdoc in biology, molecular biology, or genetics, for scientists in these fields seeking to gain familiarity in data science and statistical tools to better interact with the data in their everyday work.
What you will learn?
- Next generation sequencing experiments
- Genomic technologies
- DNA, RNA and epigenetic patterns
- Genome analysis
Skills you will gain?
- Python Programming
- R Programming
- Introduction to Genomic Technologies: This course introduces you to the basic biology of modern genomics and the experimental tools that we use to measure it.
- Genomic Data Science with Galaxy: Learn to use the tools that are available from the Galaxy Project. This is the second course in the Genomic Big Data Science Specialization.
- Python for Genomic Data Science: This class provides an introduction to the Python programming language and the iPython notebook. This is the third course in the Genomic Big Data Science Specialization from Johns Hopkins University.
- Algorithms for DNA Sequencing: We will learn computational methods — algorithms and data structures — for analyzing DNA sequencing data.
- Command Line Tools for Genomic Data Science: Introduces to the commands that you need to manage and analyze directories, files, and large sets of genomic data.
- Bioconductor for Genomic Data Science: Learn to use tools from the Bioconductor project to perform analysis of genomic data.
- Statistics for Genomic Data Science: An introduction to the statistics behind the most popular genomic data science projects.
- Genomic Data Science Capstone: In this culminating project, you will deploy the tools and techniques that you’ve mastered over the course of the specialization.
To know more and enroll for this course, click the link below.
Note: NoticeBard is associated with Coursera through an affiliate programme.