IIT Kharagpur is organising a Course on Deep Learning in 3D Reconstruction to Pattern Recognition on 29 June to 3 July 2020. Currently a lot of digital imaging systems have been developed which are much more capable of providing the details of the object space. These systems operate over large frequency ranges resulting in the generation of very high resolutions to better understand the scene.
Additionally, the advanced algorithms for processing the features for understanding the patterns prove to be promising to interpret the image more efficiently. While, it is important to appreciate the conflicting nature of the design goals in modern efficient and miniaturized systems which are used for the data capturing operations, the use of machine learning, deep learning and AI-based techniques provide an efficient reduction in perception errors.
A lot of open problems exist in these areas from different aspects of scientific, technological and commercialization points of view.
- Different types of digital images and their processing basics
- Geometric image processing
- Computer vision and scene perception
- 3D reconstruction
- Pattern recognition and image understanding
- Deep learning and AI for computer vision
- Big Data Analytics for Hyperspectral Imaging and
- Understanding of the Spectral Signatures
- Basics of Radar Imaging Concepts and their Processing
- Applications of deep learning and big-data analytics for some case study examples
- Hands-on session for some selected examples
- Open research issues in these areas
Who can attend?
- For TEQIP-III Institutes: Only faculty participants.
- For others: Teachers from Colleges/ Institutions/Universities. Scientific Officers/Instructors/ Technical Assistants/ Research Scholars/ Under Graduate and Post Graduate Students/ Participants from Industries.
- Nil for TEQIP-III sponsored participants
- For others: INR 15000/- + GST 18% (for teachers and others)
- INR 10000/- + GST 18% (for outside students)
- INR 20000/- + GST 18% (for industry participants)
The last date of registration is 5 June 2020.
Dr. D. Chakravarty,
Email: dc[at]mining.iitkgp.ac.in/ stcdciitkgp[at]gmail.com