IIT Kharagpur is organising Course on Decision Modelling through CPLEX on 6-10 July 2020. Decision modelling, also known as Operations Research (OR), is a core course in BE/BTech programs in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial/Production Engineering, Economics and Management. The content is also useful for Computer Sc. & Engineering, IT, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering and allied disciplines.
The application of OR is commonly observed in supply chain and transportation logistics, where cost cutting and timeliness are emphasized by optimal use of resources. However, the solution methods of OR models are often hard to code and implement.
In this context, IBM has developed the state-of-the-art CPLEX software to solve optimization problems quickly and efficiently. The course is designed to provide hands-on experience in CPLEX and appreciate the power of optimization to solve complex problems of industry.
- Introduction to Linear Programming
- Modelling Examples
- Graphical Method
- Algebra of Simplex Method and Tabular Form
- Two-phase and Big M Methods
- Revised Simplex Method
- Duality and its Applications
- Dual Simplex Method
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Transportation and Assignment Problem
- Integer Programming and Modelling Examples
- Branch-and-Bound Method
- Introduction to CPLEX and OPL
- Lab Sessions
- A CPLEX based mini-project on an industry use case
You are a faculty or working professionals in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology, Management and allied areas.
- Nil for AICTE-QIP sponsored participants. Rs 23,600/- (Twenty three thousand six hundred) including GST @18% per participant.
- Last date of Registration: 26 June 2020
- Candidates can register via this page.
Dr Goutam Sen
Phone: +91-3222-283738, +91-9167982185
For more details, click here.