About the Course
The Data Mining Specialization teaches data mining techniques for both structured data which conform to a clearly defined schema, and unstructured data which exist in the form of natural language text. Specific course topics include pattern discovery, clustering, text retrieval, text mining and analytics, and data visualization. The Capstone project task is to solve real-world data mining challenges using a restaurant review data set from Yelp.
Skills you will gain
- Data Clustering Algorithms
- Text Mining
- Data Visualization (DataViz)
- Data Mining
- Data Visualization Software
- Tableau Software
- Data Virtualization
- Information Retrieval (IR)
- Document Retrieval
- Machine Learning
- Recommender Systems
- Probabilistic Models
There are 6 Courses in this Specialization
- Data Visualization: This course provides you the opportunity to learn skills and content to practice and engage in scalable pattern discovery methods on massive transactional data, discuss pattern evaluation measures, and study methods for mining diverse kinds of patterns, sequential patterns, and sub-graph patterns.
- Text Retrievals & Search Engines: This course will cover search engine technologies, which play an important role in any data mining applications involving text data for two reasons.
- Text Mining & Analytics: This course will cover the major techniques for mining and analyzing text data to discover interesting patterns, extract useful knowledge, and support decision making, with an emphasis on statistical approaches that can be generally applied to arbitrary text data in any natural language with no or minimum human effort.
- Pattern Discovery in Data Mining: This course provides you the opportunity to learn skills and content to practice and engage in scalable pattern discovery methods on massive transactional data, discuss pattern evaluation measures, and study methods for mining diverse kinds of patterns, sequential patterns, and sub-graph patterns.
- Cluster analysis of Data Mining: Discover the basic concepts of cluster analysis, and then study a set of typical clustering methodologies, algorithms, and applications.
- Data Mining Project: This six-week long Project course of the Data Mining Specialization will allow you to apply the learned algorithms and techniques for data mining from the previous courses in the Specialization, including Pattern Discovery, Clustering, Text Retrieval, Text Mining, and Visualization, to solve interesting real-world data mining challenges.
To enroll for this course, click the link below.
Note: NoticeBard is associated with Coursera through an affiliate programme.