Indian Statistical Institute, Hyderabad announces Foundation course on Business Analytics using R for the year 2019. This program is designed to equip professionals with the capabilities in extracting implicit, previously unknown and potentially useful knowledge from a large dataset.
About ISI Hyderabad
The Indian Statistical Institute founded by Prof. P C Mahalanobis, FRS, is an Institution of National Importance, declared by Act of Parliament and funded by Government of India. It is an Institute of academic excellence offering educational courses at Graduate, Postgraduate and Research levels. The scientific activities of the Institute are carried out through different Divisions.
Participants will acquire the knowledge required for
- Data exploration and visualization
- Preprocessing and transformations
- Supervised (predictive modeling) and unsupervised learning techniques
- Interpretation and validation of results
- Hands on experience on the usage of open source packages like R and R Studio
Who can participate?
- Any science, commerce or engineering graduate can participate in the program.
- The knowledge of a programming language is desirable but not mandatory
- Introduction to analytics
- Data exploration and visualization techniques
- Inferential Statistics (Test of Hypothesis, ANOVA, etc)
- Predictive modeling techniques
Linear and polynomial regression
Dummy variable regression
Classification and regression tree
Artificial Neural Networks
Naïve Bayes classifier, K nearest neighbour method, Support Vector Machines, etc.
Leave one out and k fold cross-validation methods
- Unsupervised learning techniques
Association rule mining
Rs. 22,000 + GST@18% (i.e., Rs.25,960/- per participant inclusive of course kit, lunch & refreshments
Last date for submission of the Registration form: 22 October 2019 (Subject to availability of seats). Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis.
Venue & Timings
Lecture sessions and Practical sessions shall be held during Ph-I: 31 Oct – 02 Nov 2019 & Ph-II: 14 – 16 Nov 2019 at the Seminar Hall, at Indian Statistical Institute during 09.00 a.m. to 05.30 p.m.
Certificate will be issued to the candidates securing Qualifying Marks in the TEST conducted on the last day of the course.
Dr. S M Subhani
Mobile: 98493 23071
Mr. K Venkata Ramana
Mobile: 98492 95892