IIT Indore is organising Course on Advanced Materials for Structural Applications on 23-27 March 2020. For promoting environmental friendly, safe future society, there is an increasing interest towards research and development of new materials, their processing and characterization techniques.
It is important for young researchers to understand and broaden their knowledge about the recent development in new materials like high-temperature Ti alloys, Al matrix composites, Mg matrix Composites, High entropy alloys, Ti foams and etc., for the application in aerospace, automotive, nuclear, energy and biomedical industries.
Also it is equally important to learn and experience processing techniques for the fabrication of these advanced materials. Considering above aspects, this course is designed to have interactive lectures delivered by experts on the topics related to recent development in advanced materials for structural applications with an emphasize on processing and characterization.
- Advances in automotive materials and advances in metal forming techniques
- Advances in materials for harsh environments ( jet engine and nuclear applications)
- Advances in materials for bio engineering and energy applications
- Advances in material testing and failure analysis
- Practical training to provide hands experience on advanced materials processing
Who can attend?
Interested faculty members with any academic background from institutions recognized by AICTE are eligible to attend the course.
- Interested participants need to submit the scanned copy of registration form as per the format attached, through E-mail to: sumanta[at]iiti.ac.in/ jayaprakash[at]iiti.ac.in.
- Number of participants limited to 30.
- There is no registration fee.
Dr. Sumanta Samal and Dr. Jayaprakash Murugesan
Email-id: sumanta[at]iiti.ac.in / jayaprakash[at]iiti.ac.in
Ph : +91-9755611891