DST SERB School to conduct Course on Advanced Functional Materials at Nano & Atomic Scale at IIT Goa in Feb 2020. Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for the same.
The emerging technologies are advancing our society, economy, science and technology in many ways. These technologies bank upon the discovery, synthesis/fabrication of advanced materials, their thorough characterization to understand their properties and potential for applications. There are numerous classes or groups of such advanced functional materials.
However, within the scope of this school, we would like to focus on 2D materials, oxide semiconductors, perovskites and organic semiconductors, which are in prominence during the last decade or so. We will limit the discussion to the above materials at nano and atomic scale when the properties change dramatically enabling a variety of potential applications.
This school will bring PhD scholars (3rd year onward), post-doctoral fellows, early-career faculty members, and expert researchers from all over the country on a single platform, which will help to further enhance the quality of the research activities and the future technologies emanating from our country.
- Overview of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Introduction to 2D Materials
- Processing of 0D – 2D Materials
- Organic Semiconductors
- Oxide Semiconductors
- Perovskites for Energy Applications
- Characterization Techniques
- Exotic Properties of 0D – 3D Materials
- Applications of Nanomaterials
- Computational Techniques
Who can participate?
- Applications are invited from PhD research scholars (3rd year onward), post-doctoral fellows and early-career faculty member from Institutions of National Importance, Central and State Universities, Colleges, and early-career scientists from Research and Development (R&D) Labs.
- The total number of participants in the school is restricted to about forty.
- Age limit for participants: 37 years.
How to apply?
Interested and eligible candidates for the same can register via this page.
- Last Date of Application: 20th Nov. 2019
- Acceptance Notification: 30th Nov. 2019
- Confirmation by participants: 15th Dec. 2019
Phone: 0832-2490 855
Mobile: (DB) 9769082010/ (SK) 9543711220