IIT Indore is organising Course on Advance Technology For Integrated Computational Materials Engineering Education on 8-10 April 2020. This course is tailor made for the students, researchers, and faculty members from any academic background.
- To provide the participants with a working knowledge of microstructure-property relations and atomistic modeling of nanostructures.
- To provide the participants with the mathematical tools needed for quantitative characterization of microstructure and calculation of effective properties.
- To provide the participants with a working knowledge of the various tools and techniques needed to characterize and design heterogeneous materials using both micromechanics and nano-mechanics techniques.
- To introduce the participants into practical problems of micromechanics and nano-mechanics, and their solutions, through case studies and live projects.
Introduction to Integrated Computational Materials Engineering (ICME); Overview of ICME and history; Computer Simulations at Different Time Scales, Multiscale Aspects of Materials, Creating New Materials, Thermodynamics of Materials Engineering, Principles of Engineering Practice, Fundamentals of Materials Science and Engineering, Electronic Structure Theory and Methods, Introduction of First-Principles Methods, Molecular Dynamics (MD), Material Structures using Finite Element Methods (FEM); Crystal Plasticity Theory: Crystal Plasticity, Introduction to Phase-Field Method and Its Formalisms, understanding of spinodal decomposition, Order-disorder transformation, some examples related to microstructure evolution.
- There is no fee for participants (students/faculty) from TEQIP sponsored colleges. The nominations along with the registration forms must be sent through their coordinator to the address below. Email confirmation in advance is suggested.
- Non-TEQIP Colleges: The fee is ₹ 3000 for students/research scholars and ₹ 5000 for faculty. For industry personnel, the fee is ₹ 8000
- Interested participants need to submit the scan copy of as per format attached through E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Number of participants are limited to 35 on first come first basis.
Dr. Srimanta Pakhira and Dr. Sumanta Samal
Email: spakhira[at]iiti.ac.in or sumanta[at]iiti.ac.in