The aim of the short-term course is mainly to provide an idea for solving various geotechnical problems by using various numerical and analytical methods. The course will cover the fundamentals of constitutive models, different numerical methods as FEM, FDM, Limit Analysis and various analytical methods (Limit Equilibrium Method, Method of stress characteristics, Variational Method, etc.).
Faculties from renowned institutions of India will be invited for delivering lectures on these topics. Geotechnical Problems of different nature will be dealt with through MATLAB and a few other software. The required demonstration will be conducted.
- Registration for the course can be done by filling up the registration form, and posting it along with a demand draft of INR 2000/- in favor of “Registrar, IIT(BHU), Varanasi” to the following address: Dr. Manash Chakraborty Dept. of Civil Engg., IIT (BHU) Varanasi-221005, (U.P.), India.
- Please also email (email@example.com) a scanned copy of the registration form and the demand draft.
- This amount charged is a caution deposit and will be refunded at the end of the short-term course, only if the participant attends the course.
- Limited accommodation is available at the guest house of IIT (BHU) on a sharing basis only. However, family accommodation will not be provided.
- Last date for receiving applications: 20.11.19
- Intimation to the applicants: 25.11.2019
- Date of the course: 09.12.2019 – 13.12.2019
Phone Number: +91 9848262825
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org