About the Course
The objective of this short course is to introduce students to important emerging concepts in biological wastewater treatment, provide them tools to address these issues and have them learn the recent research findings related to these emerging concepts.
This short course is designed to disseminate knowledge to attendees related to the basic principles of municipal wastewater treatment to innovative developments in wastewater treatment concepts.
At the end of this course, students will be;
1. Able to think critically about the need to source separate waste, recover important resources and design experiments.
2. Able to design innovative biological treatment processes to remove carbon, nitrogen and
phosphorus in energy efficient way. This will include the design of anaerobic ammonia oxidation, granular activated sludge process and main stream anaerobic ammonia oxidation.
3. Able to understand the issues related to the presence of contaminants of emerging concerns and able to integrate modern design/management practices in conventional design approaches. These contaminants include hormones, antibiotics and pharmaceuticals.
4. Able to appreciate the role of environmental microbiology in process engineering.
5. Finally, the students will be introduced to important lab and field practices/protocols that are needed to study some of the aforementioned emerging environmental issues.
- Executives, engineers and researchers from manufacturing, service
and government organizations, including R&D laboratories.
- Student at all levels (B.Tech/M.Sc/M.Tech/PhD) or faculty from
reputed academic institutions and technical institutions.
- Faculty from reputed academic institutions and technical
The participation fees for taking the course is as follows:
Participants from abroad : US $500
Industry/ Research Organization : Rs. 5,000/-
Faculty : Rs. 3,000/-
Student : Rs. 1,000/-
The above fee include all instructional materials, computer use for tutorials and assignments, laboratory equipment usage charges, 24 hr free internet facility. The participants will be provided with accommodation on payment basis.
Register for the course online, by clicking here.
Mobile No: 9430692342