About the Course
In this course, I will present several attractive topics on prime numbers. You will learn basic concepts of prime numbers from the beginning. They obey mysterious laws. Some laws are easily verified by hand, some laws were discovered 100 years ago, and some laws are yet to be discovered. Surprisingly, prime numbers are also applied to cryptography today. You will also learn how to construct practical cryptosystems using prime numbers.
The original course “Fun with Prime Numbers” was first offered in 2015 and attracted many students. This course will be offered as its refined and upgraded version. All the lecture videos will be renewed, and a new topic on cryptography will be added so as to enliven and satisfy even the students who took the previous course.
What you’ll learn?
- Basic Properties of Prime Numbers
- Modular Arithmetic and Fermat’s Little Theorem
- Laws of Prime Numbers
- Applications of Prime Numbers to Cryptography
- Open Problems and Recent Advances
- Week1: What are Prime Numbers?
- Week 2: Sums of Two Squares
- Week 3: The Reciprocity Laws
- Week 4: Prime Numbers and Cryptography
- Week 5: Mystery of Prime Numbers: Past, Present, and Future
Secondary school (high school) level algebra; basic mathematics concepts.
FREE, Add a Verified Certificate for ₹3,632
To enroll in this course, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with Edx through an affiliate programme.