Course on Modern Wireless Communication Towards 5G @ NIT Rourkela [Sept 25-29]: Registrations Open!
The proliferation of smartphones and tablets has led to a tremendous increase in mobile data traffic. Further, the large number of devices and appliance are expected to connect wirelessly to the internet in the emerging Internet of Things (IoT) applications and machine-to-machine (M2M) communication.
In order to support the exponential growth of existing mobile traffic and the emergence of new wireless applications and services, researchers and worldwide standardization bodies are proposing with new wireless standards almost every decade. Fifth-generation (5G) wireless network is about to be launched with new state-of-the-art technologies like Massive MIMO, mmWave communication, FBMC and NB-IoT with the intent of “Everyone, Everywhere, Always Connected”.
Hence it is necessary for communication engineers, students and researchers to understand the fundamentals of emerging wireless technologies to be employed in the rapidly growing wireless industry. Aim of the course is to introduce various mobile technologies from 2G to 4G and beyond and different wireless channel modeling and their performance analysis. Additionally, provide hands-on practical experience using MATLAB to analyze the various digital wireless communication sub-modules.
- To present a comprehensive overview of modern wireless communication from 2G to 4G and beyond and related wireless technologies.
- To understand the performance analysis of wireless systems in different channel impairments.
- To understand the various state-of-the-art technologies on 5G like Massive MIMO, mmWave communication, GFDM, OFDM, OTFS, FBMC, Cognitive Radio, and NB-IoT.
- To provide practical hands-on lab exercises using MATLAB for illustrating wireless channel modeling and various sub-modules of the wireless communication system.
- To provide useful tips for research paper writing and typesetting using Latex from invited speakers.
Who can Attend?
- B.Tech/M.Tech students undertaking projects and career option in the wireless communication industry
- Ph.D. scholars pursuing research in next-generation wireless technologies
- Faculties of Electronics, Electrical, and Computer Science & Engineering departments
- Engineers from Wireless Industry and R&D Organizations
To register online, click here.
Phone Number: 9438503621
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.