About the Course
Processed foods are increasingly being accepted in the Indian society and an increasing number of ready-to-eat (RTE) food products are being introduced into the Indian market. Simultaneously, the sales of microwave ovens are also increasing. For successful development of food products for microwave oven, one needs to understand the interaction between microwaves, food materials packaging used and the related heat and mass transfer. Microwave heating also has several unique applications within food manufacturing.
The course aims to give relevant exposure in both theoretical and practical aspects of Microwave Heating and Processing of Foods to multiple stakeholders such as students, food scientists/engineers, food technologists, and those working within the food industry.
- Scientists, Food product developers and Engineers from food manufacturing, food packaging sector, and government organisations including R&D laboratories
- Students, research scientists, and faculty from academic institutions
- Consultants for agro-processing industries or government organizations with a primary
responsibility of assessing food safety, food control, and food processing methods
- NGOs working in food processing, value addition to food crops, and nutrition
- Participants from abroad : INR 56,800/-
- Industry: INR 23,600/-
- Academic Institutes/Government and Research Organisations: INR 12,500/-
- NGOs: INR 10,000/-
- Students: INR 5,000/-
The above fees include all course materials, working lunches, and tea/coffee during session breaks. The participants will be provided with accommodation on payment basis subject to availability.