The QIP-Short Term Course on “Mathematical modeling and analysis on continuum mechanics” is scheduled at Dept. of Mathematical Sciences, IIT (BHU), Varanasi during September 09-15, 2019 under the aegis of the QIP cell of Indian Institute of Technology (BHU).
This course is aimed at providing an opportunity to young faculty members of AICTE approved Engineering Colleges of India to the theoretical aspects and real-life practical experience of world level scholars in the field of continuum mechanics. They will get an opportunity to interact with eminent speakers and to improve their knowledge in the aspects of mathematical modeling on continuum mechanics.
- The objective of the present short-term course program is to introduce the fundamental concepts of continuum mechanics and illustrate how many of the important partial differential equations of applied mathematics arise from continuum modeling principles.
- It will provide a comprehensive foundation for mathematical models used in solid mechanics, fracture mechanics, fluid mechanics and heat transfer in a biological system.
- It will also include the introduction of an approach to multi-constituent continua based on mixture theory to illustrate how phenomena, such as diffusion and porous-media flow obey continuum-mechanical principles.
- Both Mathematical and computational analysis of phenomena and algorithms will be discussed. Recent advancements in the field and newly introduced mathematical approaches for solving the problems of continuum mechanics will be addressed.
- Fundamental concepts of tensor analysis
- General continuum mechanics related to solid Mechanics: Motion and deformation Lagrangian and Eulerian description; Basic principles and laws
- Concepts of thermal stresses and modeling on coupled thermoelasticity, viscoelasticity, and plasticity
- Continuum modeling on fracture mechanics; Seismic wave propagation
- Concepts on general continuum mechanics related to fluid Mechanics: Boundary layer flows; Full Navier-Stokes equations and applications to cavity problems; Numerical solutions;
- Mathematical modeling on the porous medium;
- Continuum biomechanics: Continuum mechanics applied to biological systems; Modeling on bio-heat transfer;
Eligibility of Participants
Faculty members from University/ Engineering colleges approved by AICTE who are working/interested in the area of Applied Mathematics and other related areas like Mechanical/Civil Engineering are eligible to attend this course.
- The caution money (refundable security deposit) is to be paid in the form of a Demand Draft of Rs. 2000 in favor of “Registrar, IIT (BHU), Varanasi” payable at Varanasi (Branch Code: 11445).
- The DD along with the completed application form is to be sent to the course coordinators’ latest by August 5, 2019. Address for sending application & contact details:
Prof. Santwana Mukhopadhyay CC/Coordinator (MMACM-2019) Department of Mathematical Sciences IIT (BHU), Varanasi, India.
- Interested candidates can download the application form by clicking here.
Phone Number: 8765617753
Email ID: email@example.com