IIT Kharagpur is organizing a short term QIP Course on Mathematical Methods in Civil Engineering from November 1 to 7, 2020.
The course would help the academicians, students as well as practicing professionals to learn mathematical methods and techniques in the context of Civil Engineering. The course will address both theoretical developments and
practical applications related to Structural, Geotechnical, Transportation, Hydraulic and Environmental Engineering fields.
The course will discuss the application of differential equations, numerical linear algebra, nonlinear optimization, statistical analysis, systems of linear equations, reverse engineering or inverse problem, particle-based methods, finite difference method, advanced finite element.
- Introduction to Mathematical Methods in Civil Engineering
- Mathematical Methods in Environmental Engineering
- Mathematical Methods in Transportation Engineering
- Mathematical Methods in Geotechnical Engineering
- Mathematical Methods in Hydraulic Engineering
- Mathematical Methods in Structural Engineering
- Applications of Linear Algebra
- Applications of Multivariate Calculus
- Applications of Vector Analysis
- Applications of Optimization Methods
- Applications of Transforms: Laplace and Fourier
- Applications of Numerical Methods: Interpolation, Integration
- Applications of Numerical Solution of Differential Equations
- Applications of Variational Calculus
Faculty members, students, practitioner in Civil Engineering (preferably with M.Tech./ M.E.) are invited to apply.
- Nil for AICTE-QIP sponsored participants
- For Students: INR 2500/- + GST @18%
- For Faculty Members from Non-AICTE approved colleges: INR 15,000/- + GST @18%
- For participants from Industry: INR 20000/- + GST @18% per participant
Free accommodation will be provided to the AICTE-QIP sponsored participants at the campus Guesthouse. For
other participants, the same can be arranged (based on availability) on a chargeable basis as per rule.
To register online for the course, click here. The last date to register is October 11, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com