About the Course
In this specialization, you will learn essential leadership skills, including how to inspire and motivate individuals, manage talent, influence without authority, and lead teams. In this specialization, you will not only learn from the Michigan faculty. You will also learn directly from exceptional leaders including Jeff Brodsky, Global Head of HR for Morgan Stanley, and John Beilein, Head Coach of the University of Michigan Men’s Basketball Team.
We will share with you our research on how to lead people and teams effectively, and work with you to apply these insights to your own teams and leadership. In every course, you will have an opportunity to apply new leadership skills by working through a series of practical leadership assignments. In addition, the capstone will enable you to work on live leadership challenges faced by senior leaders from premier Fortune 500 firms and receive their feedback on your ideas and solutions.
What you will Learn?
- Create and communicate your vision as a leader
- Manage talent to improve employee performance, development and retention
- Use the Michigan Model of Leadership to define organizational goals
- Create a high-quality team charter that enhances team performance
There are 5 Courses in this Specialization
- Inspiring and Motivating Individuals
- Managing Talent
- Influencing People
- Leading Teams
- Leading People and Teams Capstone
- Scott DeRue, Ph.D. Edward J. Frey Dean at the Ross School of Business Management and Organizations, Ross School of Business
- Maxim Sytch, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Management and Organizations Michael R. and Mary Kay Hallman Fellow Management and Organizations, Ross School of Business
- Cheri Alexander Chief Innovation Officer and Executive Director Corporate Learning Management and Organizations, Ross School of Business
To enroll for this course, click the link below.
Note: NoticeBard is associated with Coursera through an affiliate programme