IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Goa, and IIT Palakkad under the aegis of National Supercomputing Mission are organizing an Online Course on Introduction to Machine Learning from March 9, 2021, onwards.
The objective of this course is to teach participants the basic concepts of machine learning. An end-of-course examination will be conducted online. Top performers will be given Book Prizes The successful candidates will be awarded a certificate with grades. Others will be given certificates of participation.
- Supervised learning – intro + k-Nearest Neighbors, Linear regression, Extensions of linear regression + polynomial curve fitting, Linear models for classification, the Perceptron algorithm, Logistic regression, Optimization algorithms: Gradient Descent, Newton’s method.
- Machine learning in practice: training, overfitting, underfitting, bias-variance tradeoff, SVM Overview, Decision trees, random forests, Unsupervised learning – intro, PCA, Kernel PCA.
- K-Means, Maximum Likelihood estimation, Gaussian Mixture Models, EM Algorithm and variants, Spectral Clustering, Intro to Online Machine Learning, Intro to Multi-armed Bandits/ RL.
Who can Attend?
- Ph.D. Scholars (any stream of Science or Engineering)
- Post Graduate Students (any stream of Science or Engineering)
- 3rd and 4th year UG Students (any stream of Engineering)
- Non-Students and Working Professionals
- Rs. 500/- for students
- Rs. 2000/- for others
To pay the registration fee online, click here.
To register for the course, click here.
The last date to register is February 28, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.