Tomography (coming from the Greek (Tomos = slice) is the science of quantitatively obtaining (“reconstructing”) the internal structure of a medium of interest from the data obtained by the interaction of an interrogating signal with the medium. The reconstruction of the object’s parameters of interest is carried out computationally upon modeling the data as a linear or nonlinear function of the unknown parameters.
With the above background in mind, IIT Kanpur is conducting a short term course on introduction on Computational Tomographic Imaging from January 20 to 24, 2020.
- To provide conceptual and algorithmic foundations needed to set up reconstruction algorithms and systems for tomographic imaging.
- To lend an overview of cutting edge applications in medical imaging.
At the end of the course, it is expected that the candidates will understand how to write and execute basic reconstruction algorithms along with an understanding of the underlying assumptions as well as the corresponding application areas. The attempt is to give an interested candidate a subject‐ view from the basics to the cutting edge, with a hands‐on capability of actually solving simple reconstruction problems.
- Basics of straight‐path CT algorithms; algorithm‐characterization.
- Image segmentation and registration aspects.
- Foundations of model-based reconstruction algorithms.
- Photoacoustic tomography, neutron, and phase‐contrast imaging.
- Applications in nuclear medicine, physiological imaging with optical fluorescence-based tomography.
Who can Attend?
QIP candidates: Faculty members of AICTE approved engineering colleges and institutions
Non-QIP: Interested researchers and students, scientists from R & D laboratories.
- For QIP Sponsored Participants (30 Seats): There is no course fee for the sponsored teachers from engineering colleges (only those approved by AICTE, New Delhi). However, short-listed candidates are required to pay a caution deposit of Rs. 1000/- to confirm their participation in the course. This amount will be refunded on course completion.
- For Self Sponsored Participants (20 Seats): Short-listed candidates are required to pay the nominal course fee of Rs.2000/- (+ GST), collected towards operational expenses, to confirm their participation in the course.
On production of the ticket, QIP candidates will be paid to and fro 3rd AC class train fare via the shortest Route. For the duration of the course, accommodation on double sharing basis and meals will be provided in the visitor’s hostel.
Interested candidates can register online by clicking here. The last date to register is January 3, 2020.
Phone Number: 0512-259-7795
Email ID: 0512-259-7795