This short program is designed to give a detailed overview of Biomedical product development from an industry perspective. The program would touch upon the entire process from conception to development of devices from research, regulatory, clinical, marketing, engineering, and legal perspective. The emphasis would be given on the engineering part starting from capturing the requirements and converting them into specifications which would translate into a functional module and later on into a prototype ready for testing and bringing you close to the market.
The program will be a guide on how to start from scratch to develop a fully functional prototype for your idea/research. This is especially useful for young faculty and students who wish to apply to BIRAC Biotechnology Ignition Grant and other startup grants for career development. This will also benefit mid-level and senior-level academics who wish to teach Biomedical Engineering courses and set up labs in their college.
- The course would be divided into following subparts for medical product development:
- Academia Vs Industry – what’s the line that separates academia from industry and what are the crucial elements in a successful translation.
- Regulatory Basics
- Project Management Basics
- Project Planning (Requirement capture till prototype)
- Pre-clinical Research, Design & Development (DFM (Design for manufacturing), DFA(Design for assembly), Fabrication techniques, Design Management
- Pre-clinical and Academic Clinical Testing
- Business 101 – Making a business model
Who should Attend?
Academics (Young, mid-level and senior-level) that need to translate ideas to biomedical products or wish to apply for startup grants for career development or set up companies. Physicians that have a medical device idea and wish to know the basics of how to get started.
Biomedical Engineering (or other STEM) majors who want to learn about medical device development. People fresh out of college need a basic primer on device development for their job/career development. This course is NOT for seasoned medical device project professionals.
To register online for the course, click here.
The last date to register is September 13, 2019.
Phone Number: 022 2572 2545