India is the second-largest steel producer in the world and aiming to produce 300 MT crude steel by 2030. For achieving the targeted production a major breakthrough is required in the technological intervention as well as to make expertise in this field. Therefore, the knowledge of conventional and advanced Iron and Steel technologies is required.
Therefore, the knowledge in this regard is very essential. Designing of this course considering the above-said areas to improve the knowledge as well as expertise in modern iron and steel making technology.
- Raw materials preparation for iron and steel making
- Beneficiation of raw materials and agglomeration
- Blast furnace iron making and its recent advancement
- Alternate routes of the iron making process
- Primary steelmaking
- Clean steel making
- Modeling of the steelmaking process
- Continuous casting and its recent development
- Hot deformation of steel
- Energy and Environmental management in iron and steel making.
- For Industry Personnel: Rs. 5000/-
- For Faculty/ R& D organization: Rs. 3000/-
- For Student: Rs. 2000/-
- (Registration fees includes Kit, Tea, Snacks and Lunch)
- The Duly filled-in “Registration Form” forwarded by the competent authority should reach the following address on or before 30.11.2019 along with the demand draft (in ORIGINAL) drawn in favor of “CEP NIT Durgapur” payable at Durgapur.
- Candidates are requested to send the registration form to: Coordinator, IISTCR-2019, Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, National Institute of Technology Durgapur, Mahatma Gandhi Avenue, Durgapur- 713209, WB, India.
- To download the registration form, click here.
- Accommodation and travel expenses should be borne by the participants.
- Limited accommodation (Optional) may be availed at the Institute Guest House on a payment basis and subject to availability.
- Participants can also arrange their accommodation outside the campus. No TA/DA will be paid to the participants by the institute.
Phone Number: +919434788110
Email ID: email@example.com