Course on Hydro-Meteorological & Extreme Events Disaster Risk Management at IIT Indore [Mar 23-27]: Register by Mar 15
The Indian Institute of Technology Indore and National Institute of Disaster Management are jointly organizing the training program on “Hydrometeorological and Extreme Events Disaster Risk Management” from 23-27 March 2020 at the Indian Institute of Technology Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
The aim of the training program is to update the knowledge on risks due to extreme climatic events and facilitate the way forward towards better plans and strategies for disaster risk management, adaptation, and mitigation.
The key objectives of the training program are to:
- Understand and discuss the possible impacts of extreme climatic events in the context of sustainable development.
- Analyze what has been and can be done to minimize the impacts of extreme climatic events: adaptation and mitigation.
- Comprehend recent research findings on extreme events such as droughts, floods, etc.
- Understand the global risks and challenges due to climate change-induced disasters.
- Climate change and water resources
- Agricultural and ecosystem resilience
- Disaster risk and management
- Sustainable policy making on disaster management
- Disaster risks reduction and role of community building
- Field visit and group exercise
Lectures, PowerPoint Presentations, Video films, discussions, field visits, and guided group exercises will form the methodology of the short term course.
Professionals/officials from government departments, training institutes of environment, forests, water, PWD, police, health, power, irrigation, rural, agriculture, climate, etc, faculty members/research scholars/scientists from Universities/colleges, etc and representatives from NGOs also are invited to apply.
- There is no registration fee for the participants.
- Submission of an abstract is not compulsory to attend the program.
- Participants will have to make their own travel arrangements; however, accommodation in hostels and lunch will be provided.
- A Certificate will be awarded to each participant on the successful completion of the training program only after attending the full course.
- Participants who present their work will be awarded an additional certificate.
- To register online, click here.
- The last date to register is March 15, 2020.
Phone Number: +91 7324-306697
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.