Course on Human Factors Engineering & Advanced Cognitive Systems Design at IIT Bombay [May 18-22]: Register by April 30
About the Organiser
The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay is a public technical and research university located in Powai, Mumbai, India. IIT Bombay was founded in 1958. In 1961, the Parliament decreed IITs as Institutes of National Importance.
About the Course
The Short Term Course on Introduction to Human Factors Engineering and Advanced Cognitive Systems Design (Cognitive Ergonomics/ Cognitive Systems Engineering) is organised by IIT Bombay from May 18-22, 2020.
Human Factors involves the study of human capabilities and limitations and serves a basis for advanced human technology interaction design. This knowledge will help engineers in design more human-centric systems. The course is divided into two modules . Module 1 provides a broad introduction to the field and is spread over two days.
The second module focuses on advanced cognitive theories, frameworks and methods for systems design. At the end of these two modules, the learners will have a comprehensive overview of human factors engineering and advanced cognitive systems.
Who can Attend?
Faculty members of degree level engineering colleges recognized by AICTE, are eligible to attend the course.
At the end of the course, the learners will be able to:
- Characterize Human factors engineering as a discipline with its various constituents and challenges
- Apply human factors engineering analysis methods
- Comprehend cognitive basis for human-centric systems design
- Demonstrate the use of cognitive task analysis methods
- Recognize challenges related to errors, safety and resilience in sociotechnical systems and safety-critical systems
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the course through this link.
April 30, 2020
For further details, click here.
About the Author