About the Course
Writing effective research papers is vital for academic success.
Whether you are writing a Master thesis, doctoral thesis, or manuscript for scientific publication, this course can help you to write a better paper in less time.
Discover the strategies by which experienced writers create high impact papers, save time using the templates and tools from this course, and learn how to make your writing flow even if you are not a native speaker.
What will you be able to DO after this course?
- UNDERSTAND the logic and structure of a research paper.
- IDENTIFY the qualities that make a research paper effective.
- STREAMLINE your writing process to achieve a better paper in less time.
- KNOW what to write in every part of every section.
- USE free software to create perfect citations in seconds.
- MASTER English expressions that experienced writers use to write clearly and concisely.
What TOOLS will you get?
- TEMPLATES for every part of your research paper.
- A link to FREE SOFTWARE to create perfectly formatted citations with ease.
- ENGLISH EXPRESSIONS for academic and scientific writing.
- CHECKLISTS to help you to apply the lessons of this course to your own research paper.
So what will this course teach you specifically?
- The two elements of an effective research paper.
- How to make your research compelling without overselling it.
- Two strategies to streamline your writing.
- How to prevent writer’s block.
- How to create perfectly formatted citations in seconds.
- The three goals of the introduction section.
- How to conduct your literature search.
- How to get almost every research article for free.
- How to scan articles quickly.
- How to outline and write every part of your introduction section.
- How to outline and write every part of your methods section.
- How to outline and write every part of your results section.
- The two goals of the discussion section.
- How to outline and write every part of the discussion section.
- How to deal with limitations without lowering the impact of your research.
- How to deal with null-results.
- How to write a compelling abstract.
- How to construct an effective title.
- How to edit and polish your paper.
- How to make your writing flow even if you are not a native speaker.
- You will also get samples, templates, and an overview of common English expressions for every part of your paper.
- In the end, you will get a checklist to help you to apply everything you have learned.
Who this course is for?
- Undergraduate students who are writing a research paper as a Bachelor or Master thesis
- Graduate students who are writing a research paper for scientific publication
- Note: This course focuses primarily on empirical research papers
To enroll in this course, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with Simpliv through an affiliate programme.