Health Informatics is the systematic application of information and communication technology tools in public health research, learning, and practice. It aims at reducing health disparities by improving the overall quality, efficiency, and safety of the health care delivery system. To help understand this system better IIT Patna is conducting a course on Health Informatics from Janaury 9 to 10, 2020.
This course will introduce various health informatics tools that are being used by public health practitioners and researchers. Emphasis will be given to understand such technological interventions in different social contexts.
The course will also enable participants to appreciate and comprehend the use of these tools contextualizing these in a real-life situation. The objective of this course is to provide a holistic understanding of health informatics tools to reduce health disparities to achieve sustainable health conditions.
- Health Informatics: potential & scope in public health
- Combining Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and social media for public health
- Connected technologies for “smarter” health research
- mHealth for improving reproductive and child health
- Health Informatics for disseminating health education
- Networks informing health research: An overview
- Health Informatics scenario in India
Who can Attend?
Graduate and senior undergraduate students; early-career academics; public health researchers and practitioners; as well as government or non-government functionaries interested in health research.
- Students: 2500 (relaxation for reserved candidates)
- Faculty: Rs. 3500/-
- Industry Delegates/Research Organisations: Rs. 4500/-
The Participation fees for the CEP programs will be accepted only through Demand Draft drawn in favor of “Indian Institute of Technology Patna” or e-transfer /RTGS/ NEFT. Personal cheque will not be accepted in any case. The fee may be sent by Bank Transfer into the following account with a scanned copy of the payment receipt being sent to email@example.com.
A scanned copy of the filled-in Registration Form should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before December 31, 2019. Since the number of seats is limited, early registrants will be given preference.
To download the registration form, click here.
Phone Number: 7739841963
Email ID: email@example.com