The Indian Institute of Remote Sensing Applications (IIRS) and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) are together organizing an Online Course on Geoinformatics for Disaster Management from April 5 to 16, 2021.
Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) under Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Department of Space, Govt. of India is a premier Training and Educational Institute set up for developing trained professionals in the field of Remote Sensing, Geoinformatics and GNSS Technology for Natural Resources, Environmental, and Disaster Management.
Overview of Geoinformatics Technology
- Basic concepts of remote sensing
- Basic concepts of Geographic Information System
- Overview of UAV for disaster monitoring and mitigation
- Overview of Global Navigation Satellite System
- Web Portals & Data Services for Disaster Risk Reduction
Application of Geoinformatics in Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
- Overview of geoinformatics technology and its role in mainstreaming DRR
- Geological Hazards
- Hydrological Hazards
- Forest Fire Hazards
- Drought Hazards
- Coastal Hazards
- Atmospheric & Pollution Hazards
At the end of this course, participants will be aware of the potential of geoinformatics technology for mapping, monitoring, and mitigating various natural hazards.
Who can Attend?
The course is designed for professionals from Central/ State Govt./ Private Organizations/ NGO engaged in
hydro-meteorological-based regional and national projects; students and researchers aligned to research/ working in DRR activities.
To register for the course, click here.
The certificate will be awarded to Working Professionals and Students: Based on 70% attendance.
For full notification, click the link below.