The Department of Metallurgy Engineering and Materials Science, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Indore is organizing an Online Course on Fundamentals of Corrosion Science & Technology from September 9 to 14, 2020.
The main objective of the proposed short-term course is to provide a basic understanding to the participants on the corrosion science and technology in terms of theoretical and practical aspects both. The course will commence with an emphasis on the importance of studying the corrosion of materials.
Indian Institute of Technology, Indore (IIT Indore or IITI), located in Madhya Pradesh, is one of the Institutes of Technology established by the Government of India in 2009. It is one of the eight new Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
Various forms of corrosion and corrosion rate determination, intergranular corrosion, pitting and crevice corrosion, weldment corrosion and susceptibility to hydrogen damage effects of metallurgical structure on corrosion will be discussed.
Finally, electrochemical methods of protection of metals and alloys will be explained. Moreover, it will also comprise the experimental aspects of corrosion and how to analyze data to express the rate of corrosion. In addition to expert lectures by academicians, the industry experts will also discuss instrumentation.
Faculty members of degree level colleges recognized by AICTE are eligible to attend the course.
How to Apply?
- There is no registration fee for the course.
- Candidates interested in the course should contact the course coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org by August 30, 2020.
- An incomplete registration form will not be entertained.
- The number of seats is limited.
- A link will be sent to shortlisted participants to join the online short-term course.
- Participants who successfully completed the course will be awarded a Course Completion Certificate.
- Selection is based on a first come first serve basis.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Online Course on Material Characterization Techniques by NIT Jalandhar [Aug 24-28]: Registrations Open.