About the Organiser
The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (abbreviated as IITB or IIT Bombay) is a public engineering institution located in Powai, Mumbai, India. IIT Bombay was founded in 1958. In 1961, the Parliament decreed IITs as Institutes of National Importance. A committee formed by the Government of India recommended the establishment of four higher institutes of technology to set the direction for the development of technical education in the country in 1946.
About the Course
The Course on Fundamentals of Construction Materials, Technology and Management is organised by IIT Bombay from Jan 6-Jan 10, 2020.
The management of material, equipment, personnel and time at the construction sites is a different challenge altogether. Scheduling of the activities to find the critical activities and allocation of resources for the optimal utilization of the personnel and machines is of utmost importance to the construction projects. Acquisition of lean principles in construction and overall management of construction quality and compliance to the safety regulation the site have resulted in the requirement of the better training of the academics and practitioners alike.
Leading construction industries in the country are looking for specialist engineers in Construction Technology and Management to tackle the challenges of ever-increasing complexity in the present-day construction. This course is aimed at introducing and refreshing the above-mentioned concepts. It would give a comprehensive take on the understandings of the state of the art of modern construction materials and practices as well as construction management concepts.
The course will contain classroom lecture modules and two lab sessions on the following topics:
- Basics of cement chemistry
- Ultra-High Performance Concrete and durability based design
- Basics of rheology
- Pumping of concrete (including digital concrete)
- Alkali activated concrete
- Corrosion in reinforced concrete
- Non-destructive evaluation of reinforced concrete structures
- Sustainable practices at the construction site
- Planning of construction projects I (CPM, Gantt charts)
- Planning of construction projects II (Location-Based Management Systems, Earned value Management)
- BIM in construction
- Advances in construction management and monitoring on-site
- Quality and safety in construction
- Lean construction principles
- Building energy modelling
- Construction materials lab
- Construction planning software training (Primavera)
Who may Benefit?
Instructors at the academic institutes and practitioners in the construction industry
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the course through this link.
- Academia (College teachers only): INR 17700
- Govt. Organisation: INR 26550
- Industry: INR 38350
Dec 20, 2019
Coordinator: Prof. Muhammad Salman