Course on Fluvial Hydrodynamics & Thermo-Fluids at IIT Kharagpur [Feb 4-8, 2020]: Register by Jan 15
The course would help the academicians as well as practicing managers and professionals to learn fundamentals of turbulent fluid flow, sediment transport, and thermos fluids. Exposing the participants to the practical aspects of hydraulic modeling. Building motivation amongst the participants in analyzing hydraulic engineering problems using numerical modeling techniques.
Providing exposure to practical problems of hydraulic engineering. Enhancing the capability of the participants to develop innovative approaches in hydraulic engineering. At the end of the course, participants will be quite knowledgeable about the vortex dynamics and bluff body flows.
Turbulent flow and sediment transport in rivers are interdependent and of utmost important to design and predict the fluvial processes, e.g. reservoir sedimentation, aggradations and degradations of the riverbed, scour / erosion, etc.
- Introduction to Turbulence
- Sediment transport dynamics
- Aggradation and degradation of the sediment bed
- A similitude of fluvial systems
- Meandering and braiding
- Basics of Bank erosion
- Latest technology advances in hydraulic structures
- Advanced Computational Hydraulics
- Basics of Finite Volume Method
- Shallow Water Equations
- Jet Scour
- Numerically Solving St Venant
- Equations Using FD methods
- Basics of Thermo-fluids,
- Bluff body flow-induced vibration and its control
- Wake transition to turbulence
Who can Attend?
BTech/ MTech/ MSc/Ph.D. in Civil Engg., Mechanical Engg, Water Resources and Agricultural Engg. Faculty members and Research Associates from reputed academic institutions and Practitioners from Industry.
- Nil for TEQIP-III sponsored participants.
- For others – INR 5,000/- (Five thousand) + GST @18% per participant.
- Accommodation will be provided to the TEQIP-III sponsored participants at the campus Guesthouse. For
other participants, the same will be provided on chargeable basis as per rule.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can register online by clicking here.
The last date to register is January 15, 2020.
Phone Number: +91 9434200227,
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.