About the Organiser
The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay is a public technical and research university located in Powai, Mumbai, India. IIT Bombay was founded in 1958. In 1961, the Parliament decreed IITs as Institutes of National Importance.
About the Course
The Short Term Course on Finite Element Method & Applications in Civil Engineering is organised by the Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Bombay from May 11-15, 2020.
The short-term course aims to include following themes with particular emphasis to Civil Engineering:
- Introduction to FEM
- Advantages & disadvantages of FEM
- Variational and weighted residual formulations
- Formulation of 1-D, 2-D and 3-D elements
- Programming techniques utilized in implementing FEM
- Introduction to Boundary Element Method (BEM)
- Demonstration of finite element package
- To introduce the FEM to the participants.
- To apply the FEM to solve problems in different engineering disciplines viz. stress analysis, hydraulics, environmental and geotechnical engineering applications to familiarize participants to programming techniques in implementing the FEM.
Faculty members of degree level engineering colleges recognized by AICTE, are eligible to attend the course.
No registration fees. However, a participation confirmation fee of ₹2,000/- need to be paid online through the above portal. This amount will be refunded on attending the course but forfeited if not attended.
How to Register?
All the participants have to register for the course online through this link.
March 31, 2020
Coordinators: Prof. Y. M. Desai, Prof. T. I. Eldho