GIAN (Global Initiative of Academic Networks) is all set to hold a program on Fatigue of Composition Material at NIT Jalandhar. There has been an upsurge in the interest in composite materials in the last few decades, primarily due to high demand on material performance placed by advanced technologies.
Conventional materials are unable to meet these demands. Improvements in mechanical properties, e.g. stiffness, strength and fracture toughness, are being increasingly made feasible by advancements in composite manufacturing technologies.
Numerous applications of these materials can be found in the aerospace sector—significant parts of commercial and fighter airplanes are made of advanced composite materials; the automotive industry—racing car chassis, ceramic brakes, etc; the wind industry, where wind turbine rotors with diameters of more than 100 meters are now constructed using fibre-reinforced composite materials.
The objective of the Program
At the end of the program, students/researchers shall be able to:
- Understand the basic mechanisms involved in the fatigue behaviour of composite materials.
- Understand various methodologies for fatigue life modelling and fatigue life prediction of
- Use various statistical/probabilistic concepts for analysis of fatigue life data for composite
- Use various soft computing techniques for fatigue life modelling of composite materials
Who all can attend?
The program on composite materials is an interdisciplinary one which will be beneficial to students/research scholars/faculty members/scientists and technologists of Mechanical Engineering and Civil Engineering departments. Persons from other departments having an interest in this area are also welcome. It will assist in disseminating the knowledge and know-how related to various aspects of composite materials with special reference to their fatigue behaviour. The following persons can attend this program:
- Faculty/Scientists/Technologists from academic Institutions/research organisations.
- Research Students/Master’s students from academic institutions.
Interested candidates can click here to register themselves for the program. Also one has to pay an online application fee for the same:
- Participants from abroad: US $500
- Industry/Research Organizations: Rs. 10,000/-
- Academic Institutions: Rs. 2,000/-
- Students: Rs. 1,000/-
Dr Raman Bedi (Associate Prof- NIT Jalandhar)
Call: 9815981054, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DR S P Singh (Prof, NIT Jalandhar)
Call: 9814088475, Email: email@example.com